Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Music Therapy Group for Preschool age children with disabilities

Right now I am working with Idaho Parents Unlimited to try and get a music therapy group for preschool children with special needs.  We are asking for people to spread the word.  Please let people know.  The group will be working on social skills, communication skills, emotional expression plus much more.  All of this in a fun way so that we are working on the skills without the childretn feeling like we are working on the skills.  Have anybody who is interested contact me at matthewjordan@musicmakesconnections.com or they can call or text me at 286-5508.

2 comments:

  1. I think my son would benefit from music therapy. He has sensory modulation issues and is quite impulsive and hyperactive. Music helps calm him. We have him on medication, he works with an OT each week and receives speech therapy through his early intervention preschool. I would like to learn more about your preschool group. Please email me at jenniferb143@Yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music can be soothing for babies. We used classical music when the kids were younger during napttimes. Tongue drum music get you relaxed.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your experiences, questions, and/or comments as they relate to the post topic or about music therapy in general.