Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Music therapy and dementia in Boise

Check out this video that I did a while ago with a woman with dementi that I worked with.  Her speech was limited to 2 to 3 words, but she was able to interact through music.  It also provided an opportunity for her to interact with her husband which he loved.  I remember the first time I went her husband was in tears and he just kept saying, "You do remember."

I am doing a music therapy open house tomorrow at my clinic space at 10112 Overland Rd Boise for people with dementia.  It is free.  It is from 5:30-6:30.  I would love to have as many people as possible.

1 comment:


  1. Great! Music is therefore an excellent therapy. A touch of music in one’s life makes a really big difference.Where did steel drums originate.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your experiences, questions, and/or comments as they relate to the post topic or about music therapy in general.