Monday, July 16, 2012

Music Therapy with someone with autism in Boise

It is great seeing the progress of people when doing music therapy.  I have been working with a young man with autism.  In the beginning I could get him to focus on me for a little bit, and he did sing one to two words when prompted.  Now, he comes in, asks for specific instruments, and initiates singing specific songs.  We can plan in rhythm together, and perhaps my favorite thing is to see his smiles and see how excited he is to come to the sessions.  His mother has also commented on how she has noticed that he is communicating and interacting more in general.  I love being a music therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your experiences, questions, and/or comments as they relate to the post topic or about music therapy in general.