Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Experience with a Music Therapy Group in Boise

Doing music therapy in groups has a different dimension than individual music therapy.  Sometimes it is the peers that they are interacting with that bring things out of them.  Recently while doing a music therapy group I saw an amazing interaction.

One of the participants is very withdrawn and one of the participants is very outgoing.  It is really fun to see the outgoing person really draw something special out of the withdrawn person.  This was really evident when we started to do some dancing to the music.  I have not seen the withdrawn person dance, but when her peer came over and asked her to dance she stood up, had the biggest smile on her face and danced with him for the whole song.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use RAV Vast music therapy all the time it helps me focus concentrate majorly when I use the therapy. Everyday I listen to music and my thoughts are clear. Rav Vast are my music therapy.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your experiences, questions, and/or comments as they relate to the post topic or about music therapy in general.